Saturday, July 20, 2013

Oh Boy– a new Toy

Yesterday during the main session we were introduced to several new products! Cool stuff, I tell ya! More details to follow when I am back home! But the one thing that I wanted to share with is a stamp carving kit called “Undefined”. Click here for details on kits.

20130719_135431

I have to admit, I was very skeptical because I can NOT even draw a stick figure, OK! So I thought I will not be able to use this product. I am so glad that Stampin’ Up! had a booth set up so we all could give it a try. Of course, there was a waiting line, BUT I was determined to check it out for you and me.

While waiting in line Denise and I were pondering what stamp we wanted to make. I was thinking dragonfly right away, and then thought of how I sign all of my blog posts. Little refresher, this is it:

Well, the block we got to carve from was a smaller one, so I knew I couldn’t pull off the whole signature and just wanted to do the “C”.  I pulled it up on my cell phone, , placed paper over the screen and traced it, and then went to work! This is my stamp:

20130719_135719

Once we were done, we were asked to stamp the image, add our name and add to the wall:

20130719_135707

 

20130719_135332

20130719_135751

20130719_190623

Looking back it was actually fun to do, but I have to admit I was a bit nervous at first.

Just to give you an idea how it’s done you can watch the little video (warning, it’s a little cheesy, but cute…)

I am sure lots of you are way more artsy than me and will be able to make those custom stamps with ease, especially since I was able to make this one today Winking smile

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Claudia! You did an amazing job!!! :) A one-of-a-kind stamp that you will always have to treasure and use!

    Shannon West

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!