just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, May 22, 2009

Blogger's Challenge - Patriotic

The theme for this weeks Blogger's Challenge is "Patriotic". Since it is Memorial Day weekend it's a fitting theme and I thought I'd post some info before I share the card:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Memorial Day
is a United States federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May (May 25 in 2009). Formerly known as Decoration Day, it commemorates U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. First enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War (it is celebrated near the day of reunification after the civil war), it was expanded after World War I to include American casualties of any war or military action.
Traditional observance:
Many people observe this holiday by visiting cemeteries and memorials. A national moment of remembrance takes place at 3 p.m. Eastern Time. Another tradition is to fly the flag of the United States at half-staff from dawn until noon local time. Volunteers often place American flags on each gravesite at National Cemeteries.

And to honor this special day, my card:

godspeed

Supplies used:
Godspeed, Not quite Navy Ink + CS, Baja Breeze ink + CS, Creamy Caramel Ink, Chocolate Chip Ink + Craft Ink, Clear EP, Markers, Riding Hood Red CS, Oval All, Large Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Vanilla CS, Brads, Photo Corner Punch, Dimensionals.

Have a nice day!

21 comments:

  1. Stunning card Claudia - love the brayered background. Great tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card. The brayered background is just terrific behind the soldier. Nice job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Claudia! So cool that we were thinking along the same lines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice card. Love the different colors you used. Very appropriate for Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great! You guys are so lucky that you have this set! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh this stamp set again!! I love it, have never seen it and now must have it!!!! Your card is just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Claudia! Love the effect....stunning! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors you used for the background. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Claudia! I love the background. It's just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! Love the way your text/image just pops off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card woman....I still wan tthis set so bad! I may have to have you stamp a few images for me when I run out. I think I have two left!!! Such a beautiful job...Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  12. this card is beautiful - in a masculine way! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job. Love the image--so glad I was able to get my hands on it (paid pretty sum for it too!).
    Your card has a nice rainbow effect.
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful Claudia! I just love the background! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job, Claudia...I didn't even think to pull out this stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your card, is very beautiful. Like the color combination with the brayer...there you go, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Claudia, I love the brayered background and the colors you used! What a wonderful card and tribute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! Love how you did the background and coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!