just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, January 29, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge – Theme: Birthday

Today’s theme for our Blogger’s Challenge was “Birthday”. How easy is that!? So I couldn’t let this chance to go by without me playing with some new toys!

I sort of used a sketch I found online as an inspiration. I didn’t completely follow it, it just inspired me:

layout for blog

And here is my “version” of this layout/sketch:

good neighbors

As you can see, I didn’t put the sentiment where supposed to and I changed the orientation too.

BUT a layout is sometimes all you need to get started to come up with YOUR card! So just sit down and try to copy a given card and your creativity will set in…

I’ve used the “Good Neighbors” SAB stamp set and matching DSP. This card took me less time than it took me to photograph it and edit it with my new “Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2” software…

Why don’t YOU give it a try today? You know you’ll need some Birthday Cards on hand.

Happy stamping


17 comments:

  1. I really like the sentiment added where you did in the bottom square. Love your layout. Can bet I'll give it a try! TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! I love your version, I'm glad you found the sketch inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and the layout is really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her sketches and saved this one to my file to try out. Great job, love how you changed it just a bit to fit what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is super cute! Awesome job with the birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Claudia! That sketch was a great find! You put together a wonderful color combination! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super darn cute! Love what you did with the layout! Your color choices are wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute card. I love the colors you used. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I love those sweet little trees! Great job with FTL76!!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! I used the same trees for this sketch - such a perfect fit! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love sketches and you made this one look so easy...great job.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card and it is a fabulous sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE your sketch--great card! You did such a nice job on bringing it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PRETTY! Love the background paper with the four images!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice tweaking to the sketch - it's a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Love your take on the sketch!

    Thanks for playing along with the FTL sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!