just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, September 3, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge – A Sketch

Today we had to use a sketch for our Blogger’s challenge Card. It’s this one:

challenge

So now that I’ve made the card and pulled the image of the sketch into my Live Writer to compose this post, I think I may have missed a layer? I didn’t see that there is a white border behind the red layer when I just viewed in in windows...

Anyway… here is my “version” of the sketch:

apple blossom_challenge

I also changed the position of the label a little to make it work better with my card :-)

Colors used, as per Color Coach: Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight and Early Espresso. The stamp set is called “Apple Blossoms, and is a level 2 Hostess set.

The “DSP” strip on the right is regular white CS, but created in “My Digital Studio” and printed …

Don’t you just love those Antique Brads?! No Shimmer on this card! Can you believe that? Maybe again tomorrow…

17 comments:

  1. Great card Claudia! I just ordered that stamp set and the brads...maybe a CASE comin' on soon ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Claudia! I love that Antique Brad! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. I just love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice card - great colors and that antique brad is perfect here. You don't even miss the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card you made- great colors and I think the brad is awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the brad and these colors Claudia. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These colors look great together, cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super neat use of the sketch and I like the addition of the antique brad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on the sketch...and love those stamps...perfect for this type of linear sketch.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. Love those fern branches and that brad is really nice. Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. I love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Claudia...those colors are great together! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm just reviewing last week's submissions, that's how behind I am. I love your card though! My favorite part is the vintage brad! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!