just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday crafting with the crew

We’ve spent the afternoon amongst our friends and the guys were going to watch football… and most of you know how I feel about that… LOL … So I started a new tradition - The ladies are crafting together!

And now I am going to share the holiday crafts we made that day!

1) Crayon Drip Holiday Ornament by Miranda

crayon ornament

I thought that was just too clever! You can see some instructions here!

2) “Artichoke” Glass Ornament, by Claudia

artichoke ornament

You basically need a glass/plastic ornament, 60-90 (YES!) 1” paper circles and mini glue dots or hot glue. You’ll start on the bottom of the ornament where it has somewhat of a flat spot and glue the first circle down. Then you’ll just add rows of circles until it’s completely covered…

3) Decoupage Ornament by Melissa

decoupage ornament

She brought different shapes of Kraft ornaments, Modge Podge and several different sheets of tissue paper. I tor my tissue papers in smaller pieces, covered the ornament with Modge Podge and added the paper while adding more Modge Podge over them. I should have let it dry, BUT the clear chunky glitter was calling my name and I just rolled it in the glitter Smile

4) Sparkle Votive by Miranda

glitter glass

She brought stickers and Modge Podge and different glitters where we could make designs or patterns on the votives. But I had some retired blue glass glitter left over and could not resist. It’s VERY sparkly!

5) Mixed Media Magnet by Windi

magnet

Windi brought small canvas pieces, clay buttons, burlap pieces, ribbon, Holiday pieces to use for decoration and super glue… While we had said Holiday decoration, I was instantly drawn to this cute fabric owl and cut her out for my magnet (so mine is not Christmassy but that means I can keep it out all year!). Also, I used hot glue, because super glue scares me a little LOL

6) Paperback Book Christmas Tree by Claudia

paperback tree

I saw some on Pinterest a while ago and knew that I wanted to make some. They are not hard to do, you can see instructions here…I “only” used 150 pages. After the tree was folded, I’ve brushed Modge Podges over the ridges of the pages and sprinkled chunky glitter on it. Gold Trim, Ornament topper and upside down votive were glued on with hot glue.

I think all the projects were cool AND we had a great time while crafting and chatting with each other… Can’t wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!