just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Parade of Paper Wreaths

I think 2 month ago I held a class on how to make the pretty paper wreaths that can be seen everywhere lately.

They are so very easy to make, so I thought I’d share so you can still make one too… so scroll down below the pictures!

Here is my Fall Wreath:

wreath1

Here is my Winter Wreath:

wreath2b

And here is the one we made at last month’s downline meeting:

dl wreath1

Supplies used:

- 12 inch Foam Wreath

- 12x12 Designer Series Paper (6 sheets)

- 12 inch Paper Trimmer

- Bonefolder

- Straight Pins

- Rhinestones/Pearls/Buttons

- 2 sizes of framelits to create base for decoration

- Glimmer Paper, Cardstock, framelits/dies, bakers twine, dimensionals

Tips:

- I find it works best to do a little prep work: I have some of the straight pins sticking in the bottom of my wreath, or you can use a pin cushion

1381760_10152332015329741_585469411_n

- Cut all 6 sheets of DSP into 1/2 inch wide strips so that that they are 12 by 1/2

- I prefer to have them in individual stacks in front of me

(easier when having to decide what pattern to use)

- Pick up a strip of DSP and hold it in on hand by the middle, then take your bonefolder and start at that middle point to curl it like gift ribbon, flip and do the same to the other side. Sometimes it seems as if the paper didn't curl good enough, but you can sort of wind it by hand!

- Take a straight pin and insert into middle part of DSP and then push into foam wreath

- Repeat (but don't cover back of wreath)... until you only have an opening for the decoration. Make sure to have a few extra strips so you can fill in around the label if needed

- Smaller CS framelit shape was added to wreath with 3-4 straight pins, larger CS framelit shape was added over it with dimensionals. Decoration was added. DONE!

Now go and make one for yourself or as a gift…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!