just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, September 16, 2016

One Sheet Wonder, Paisley style

It's been many a moons since I've done a "one sheet wonder" card project. But the other day I came across Patty Bennett's post where she did one and used flowers...the concept inspired me. But I wanted to use a different stamp set...

Let me show you the finished cards and then explain the how to...

Here they are:




So basically it started out with one sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 cardstock and images were stamped on it randomly. To look something like this:




Then if you don't want to layer a color between the cut down piece and the card base, you could follow this guide:




But since I needed some contrast color as another layer, I simply cut those pieces down after the initial cut.   This way they ended up being 3 3/4 square and 3 by 3 3/4.

My pieces of DSP were 3 3/4 by 1/4 used with the square stamped piece and 3 3/4 by 2 used with the smaller piece. So you get a slightly different look...

All was layered, ribbon and greeting shape was added... and done with SIX cards, like that... very fast!

Oh and if you notice after you cut all the pieces down that you messed up on one, don't get mad... just make do:



Supplies used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!