just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Painting with Embossing Powders

I always like to show my finished project on the top of the blog post, so I am going to jump in and do that... but more details are below, so be sure to scroll down!




While cleaning up my stamp desk yesterday (gasp... I know!) I came across a Butterfly that I had die-cut a while ago. And I have to admit that I did throw it out in the frenzy of cleaning. But then this morning it was glaring up at me from the paper trash can... and I pulled it back out. And since the cardstock color is retired, I couldn't use it as is, so I decided to cover it





Here is the link to the video



In case the video (from posting it live to Facebook...) won't work, here is a verbal rundown:

- I covered the butterfly with VersaMark
- Then I drizzled embossing powders in silver, gold and copper over it. I did this ONE color at a time so I would not mix up powders in my jars
- then I heat embossed it.




Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!