just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, May 25, 2009

Technostamper's Sketch Challenge #71

First off... Happy Memorial Day to all!

I can't believe it's already Monday again, and time for another Sketch Challenge by MaryJo. OK so I have to admit that I almost didn't play this week. The Sketch just didn't "speak" to me LOL

Here is the sketch that really challenged me:

TSSC71

However, I pushed myself to make a card and did that with my newest DSP, called "Rockabilly". It has gorgeous printed gloss designs!

Here is my version - not as long, since I just did a tall card last week...

tart and tangy_tssc71

And because the paper is so glossy, I really wanted you to see a close-up (and so you can see how my greeting banner is popped up):

close

The Cherries on the scallop circle were embossed and then cut out by hand (because I didn't like them on square or circles...it just didn't work for ME) 

Soooo, this card is especially made for those of my stamping friends that own the stamp set "Tart and Tangy" and have not paid attention to this Specialty DSP yet - it works so well with the stamp set! And remember until 5/30/09 it's buy 3 packs of DSP, get one FREE! Contact me so you won't miss out...

The white jumbo grommet is from the Occasions Mini Catalog, " target="_blank">' target=_blank>page 19. These jumbo grommets are a fun embellishment! All you need to do is punch a hole into your CS with the 1/2" circle punch, insert grommet (I used the foam mat underneath), turn over and fold back the prongs with your bone folder...

Have a nice afternoon and make sure to check out MaryJo's Blog to see what the other participants came up with!

5 comments:

  1. Claudia---your card is wonderful--love the scallop circle with the cherries. Mine does not have the circle in it--was not on the table and I was in a rush!
    You did a great job, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Das ist wieder eine tolle Karte Claudia! Das Grommet ist wirklich cool.
    Liebe Grüße
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card!!! I love that paper with that stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET! I can't believe you cut out those cherries, great job. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!! That paper is just lucious....love it paired with Tart & Tangy....so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!