just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

SPRING Crafting

Today I was teaching a card making class to 15 little kindergarteners! And I have to tell you it was really a joy to see them being wow-ed by our assorted tools and gadgets. They all had a great time and behaved very, VERY well. I have the sneaking suspicion that my little surprise treats had a tiny bit to do with that too, but only a tiny. They were great kids! Thanks Mrs. Becky for having me!

I had the little ones make 2 fairly easy cards. I did have most everything pre-punched and prepared so it was much easier to accomplish…

The first card:

flower card

On this one, the kids got to use the big machine (the BigShot) and textured the big flower with the polka dots. That was a big hit, especially with the boys.

The 2nd card, an easier version of my Leprechaun card from Stamp club:

leprechaun card

This card kept us busy gluing all the parts together, which I had pre-punched. The kids got to punch their own little tags to make the bow-tie. Since that punch is much easier to operate, that was OK too.

And of course I couldn’t go visit without bringing a gift for the teacher to put up in the class room..

Here is what I made:

DSC00657

Close up:

DSC00660

Even though I didn’t use SU papers, I did use our Pennant Die and alphabet with the BigShot. I had lots of fun making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!