just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Recycling or Dumpster Diving = Pretty and Sparkly!

Well this morning we were having too much fun making Christmas Cards!

I have to tell you how the card for this post came about: On one card we had used the snowflake punch with the Early Espresso CS. And we had the “negative” shapes left and tossed away. On another card we use my oh so favorite “Shimmer Mist”. I’ve asked the ladies to just take their cards and hold them over the trash can when they spray so we didn’t have to pull out the color catcher.

When I walked by the trash can, I saw a little treasure sitting in there staring at me :-) The negative shape of the snowflake, all pretty and glittery!

So of course, I had to pull it out and make it into a card! Here it is:

Contempo Snowflake

I used the Sizzix Adhesive Sheet to get adhesive on the back of the snowflake square. I thought it would only do that, but when I pulled it off, I had an adhesive film in the snowflake opening as well. I still stuck it onto the cream CS, but then I filled the snowflake opening with chunky glitter!  I’ve added a Glimmer Brad to the center…

The snowflakes in the background were stamped in Vanilla Craft ink…

The ribbon and greeting finish off the card…

3 comments:

  1. your headline caught my attn immediately! funny what can end up in the trash - thanks to you, this scrap was able to fulfill its papercraft destiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used in this card - and that the empty snowflake space was made pretty! You know I hate to throw away those negative pieces....! lol Thanks for sharing this! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog everyday...or at least every other day. It's a great motivator as well as inspiration. I'm giving you a Stylish Blogger Award :-) Head on over to my blog to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!