just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Color Challenge and Tip

I really wanted to post this yesterday, but time gotten away from me, sorry! Scroll down below the card, to see a neat tip!

My friend Madeline posted another great color challenge:

INKs_CC4001

And my little card:

perfect cunches_colors

Supplies
Stamps: Perfect Punches
Paper: Crushed Concord, Bashful Blue, Blushing Bride DSP (hostess Level 1 DSP stack), Whisper White
Ink: Crushed Concord
Accessories: Pearls, Stitched Poly Ribbon in Crushed Concord
Tools: Sanding Block, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Scallop Square Die, Scallop Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Die from the Punch Windows Pack for Movers & Shapers Die

So now that you’ve read the supplies, you might think… “I still don’t own that Mover’s and Shapers Die, so I can’t use those cute Punch Window shapes!”. Well, You CAN!

I am going to show you a way around of having to spend $42.95 and only $21.95. That difference almost covers the cost for the windows pack :-)

You can use the Scallop square Die, because it has the center open, like the Mover’s and Shapers. It’s just not magnetic, you can still place the Window Shape die inside. Here you go:

no movers1

Place cardstock over the shape:
no movers2

Using a clear cutting mat on the bottom and on the top (just like always):
no movers3

And voila – you have your shape cut:
no movers4

Which will fit behind our Scallop Oval Punch perfectly!

Disclaimer: Remember, the middle of the Scallop Square die is plastic and not metal, like on the Movers and Shapers die. So be a little more careful with what you run through so you won’t break it. In any event, if you do break it, please don’t tell me I didn’t warn you. And neither myself nor Stampin’ Up! can be held responsible!

By the way, on the background of the card... I've sanded over the textured DSP. This will make the raised surface white and keep the rest of the DSP in the origial color/pattern. Pretty cool!

Have fun crafting…

3 comments:

  1. very cool...but i love my movers and shakers...but if i dont want to drag out the long plastic sheets, i will do this shortcut! thanks, kim e

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors....and the pearl accents :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous! Love the pearls and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!