just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy National Scrabooking Day!

Hey Everyone!

Sorry this post went up late ... it's actually Sunday but i backdated the post.  It's been a crazy week and with not feeling well yesterday and the rain not allowing me to get good lighting on pictures i couldn't get the post in on time. 

If i am correct, Claudia should have her feet back in the states now so that means guest bloggers are close to an end and we will get our fearless leader back.  I hope you have been enjoying the posts from all the other ladies.  I know i have!  Looked forward to the posts everyday. 

I had Claudia put me near the end of the list and little did i know that i was scheduled to post on National Scrapbooking Day and my project today is an actual layout.  I did not plan this ... i swear!  Here is a picture of  how my layout looks (click on any pictures below for a larger view): 



I've been scrapbooking since 1997 and last year i changed the way i scrapbook by now using divided page protectors and I LOVE IT!!!!  Each two page layout represents one week and some weeks i will have an insert just like this week.  I love this style of scrapbooking because it's less intimidating and very quick.  Sometimes i can get a two page layout done in just 15 minutes.

This is a closer view of the left side of the layout:


The top left corner is where i put my "title card"  It usually consists of the date range of the week we are looking at and the week number.  This layout is from last week April 22-28 (my weeks run from Monday - Sunday so that i can have a whole weekend in the layout)  The week 17 was created in My Digital Studio and the embellishment comes from SU! Simply Scrappin Kit Afternoon Daydream.  The journal cards were created in MDS also.  I'm starting to love this program the more and more i use it!!!

One of my favorite new things that i've started doing is sewing on my pages.  WHY HAVE I WAITED SO LONG TO DO THIS?!?!?!  Here is an example:


This is the right side of my page:






This side i've included a handout from work where we reached 5 billion dollars in earned premiums.  the layouts do not always have to consist of pictures.  I've sometimes included receipts, handouts, artwork ... whatever you would like to include.  Sometimes i do not have a lot of pictures so it's okay to just add a patterned paper in a slot.  I actually did have a picture but i printed it wrong and didn't have time to get it reprinted.  Through out my week i mixed my journaling with my own handwriting and also did journaling with the typewriter. I'm a big believer in including your own handwriting.  How cool will it be for generations to come to see how we wrote in our time.

This is the layout without the insert:


I included an insert to show how you can use your sewing machine to alter a page protector.  My inserts are never the same size as my 12x12 layouts.  So for this page protector, there was an extra 4x6 vertical slot and the top slot was measured as a 12x6.  So i trimmed off the extra slot and made the top slot a 6x8, sewed up the end and voila ... a new divided page protector :)



This past Wednesday one of my dogs crossed the rainbow bridge.  Bopo (the yorkie) passed away unexpectedly.  I really wanted to put an insert and so i decided to do a mini photo shoot of my fur babies and without having to show a project i would not have these last few photos of my dog.  So i have to thank Claudia for thinking of me and asking me to do this.  Thank you, thank you, thank you, Claudia!!!!  I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you have any questions about scrapbooking with divided page protectors, please don't hesitate to ask me :)

Items used:
Simply Scrappin Kits in Afternoon Daydream and Pinwheels on Parade
This and That Stickers
Patio Party DSP
My Digital Studio

2 comments:

  1. Oh..this is SO great! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Bopo. How wonderful that you have these photos. I love what you're doing with the pocket pages.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!