just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Monochromatic Blendabilities

A couple of days ago I needed several cards to fill a slot in my customer swap group and I wanted it to be pretty but easy enough to do multiples of…

So I pulled out my Pretty Peacock stamp, embossed it in white on Marina Mist CS, then colored the whole image in quickly with the lightest shade of the “Night of Navy” Blendabilities (which will be available to all of you on 8/1!). Then I used the medium shade and colored in the center of the eye’s in the tail feathers, plus did some shading on the chest and neck…

DSC_1006

Here is a close-up for you:

DSC_1007

I have to say, I really, REALLY love using the blendabilities…

Oh - back to the whole card… did you see what I did with the ribbon? Yep, it goes under the tail! I used my craft knife and cut a slit on each side so I could feed the ribbon through!

AND I need to tell you that the oh so pretty, but “retired” Midnight Muse Ribbon is available online in the clearance rack for only $3.59 – don’t miss out, go order you some, I know you want it Winking smile

All in all this is a fairly simply card, but I wanted the Peacock to be the “star” and decided to not add anything else… I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies used:

2 comments:

  1. How did you do the ribbon on this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used my craft knife and cut a slit on each side of the stamped image so I could feed the ribbon through and run behind the image!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!