just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, November 17, 2014

Many Merry Stars

And when they say “many”, it’s totally and understatement! The Simply Created Kit “Many Merry Stars” has all the materials to make 26 stars. AND it was the coolest wooden snowflakes included for embellishments. The kit comes with instructions and a video with tips! This item can be found in the Holiday Supplement, click below:

kit

We had the class yesterday and made a couple of stars, so the girls would know how to and can finish the rest at home. Here are the items we made:

The largest star (it’s big enough to hang on a door in place of a wreath! Or a center piece on a mantel…)

DSC_1178

Then I also showed how to make the the 3-D star (center on red star below)…

DSC_1179

 

AND that you can make any of the stars into a gift box, with flap on back

DSC_1180And we made a cute little greeting card! Again… I did not add any additional embellishments! All included in the kit!

 

DSC_1185

 

And I showed the girls this cute tree below. Which something they could make at home. The pieces to make the bow and baker’s twine are included in the kit. I gave them each a box for the tree trunk (they are in the holiday catalog… or you could make one with our giftbox punch board!)

 

DSC_1183

When I planned out the class in my head, I thought, I would use all green stars to make the tree, and assembled them all. But then I decided the largest one was too big and did not use it for the tree.

So I just decorated it up with the gold glimmer word “wishes” (also in the kit) and a white banner (yes, also in the kit!) behind it so the word stands out better… red star, gold glimmer star and the sequins… yep… also in the kit

DSC_1181

I have to say this kit is an awesome value for all the STUFF you get in it! If you decide to get one, I would suggest, you use hot glue in addition to the adhesive backed strips, simply because it will hold much better…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!