just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Watercolor Wash Peacock

I was itching to use my new background stamp called Watercolor Wash. And while I was looking around to see what other stamp set to pair it with... my Perfect Peacock was calling out to me!

And this is what came from that call:


I started out and applied Lost Lagoon ink all over the Watercolor Wash stamp and then added some Tempting Turquoise ink onto stamp just randomly. Then I spritzed it with rubbing alcohol, placed the white cardstock on top to "stamp" it... that's how the "marbled" look in the background was done.

I then stamped the peacock 2 more times on shimmery white CS so I could color in the flowers and then cut out by hand. I also did a little watercoloring on the peacock... 

Here is a look at the card mid-way, to show you the difference before I colored in the bird some:



I actually like both looks and think it's personal preference...



Supplies used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Love this technique...I am so blind...never saw this stamp in the catalogue!!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!