just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

ICS Blog Hop Fall For All


If you read this in an email,  please be sure to click over to my blog so you can see my sample and follow the link to the next blog in the hop...


YAY!!!! It's Blog Hop Day for the "Inspired Create & Share" crew! And this month we are sharing projects for FALL... and that of course includes Halloween too! So I made just that... a Halloween card:




The image was actually stamped in VersaMark and then heat embossed with black embossing powder. Since you may not see that detail on the picture above, I am posting a close-up as well:



Just a couple of tips:

The card is 9 by 3 3/4 once folded so it will fit into a business envelope!

The black glimmer paper  label was cut apart  and stretched out so I could use it as a frame. I had to do that since the orange layer used the largest framelit in that group. Once I did that, I had some gaps in the corners, I simply added black glimmer paper triangles behind those and fixed that problem.

To save some on the glimmer paper I cut shorter pieces for the "long strip" that runs across and only have the ends showing

The spider web background was sponged in Elegant Eggplant using one of the spider web doilies as a stencil



I had lots of fun making this card for the Blog Hop and can't wait to see what the other ladies have to offer. Please be sure to  jump on over to Anna's Blog and continue through so you can see it all as well. Just click on the button below and have fun!

















Supplies used:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



12 comments:

  1. Love your card! That black glimmer paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So spooky!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great and unique layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the size of this card and love the fact you can use a business envelope for it. Great share. Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the non-normal length of the card and super cute for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool card. The black embossing looks great with the glimmer paper and that spider web doily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Freaking cool how you did the web background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The spider web background was sponged in Elegant Eggplant using one of the spider web doilies as a stencil

      Delete
  8. Great Halloween card using parts form the Witches Hat Kit. I love how you have both the white and black webs using one of the webs as a stencil to create the white ones. I need to see what I can come up with using it as a stencil. Another item on my to do list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So love what you did with the doilies in the background!! That's a great new technique to try with those! Great Halloween card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a stunning card! Great detail! And love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!