just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Go ahead and CASE!

I can't stress it often enough, that it is totally OK to copy (CASE) a card from someone else. Why not? It will save you lots of time and get your creativity kick-started... cause sometimes you'll make bigger changes than anticipated.

The card I made today is copied almost to the "t" from my upline Dena A. though, because I just LOVED it so much when she shared it the other day!

Here is my version:




I just had to use a different ribbon because I didn't have the one she used. And since the Tip Top Taupe was a little wider, I simply cut it more narrow to fit what I wanted to achieve. I also added one more large flower, because I had it die cut... and the small one that would have been almost covered by the ribbon, I put on top of the ribbon. Then of course I couldn't stop there and added pearls ;-)  See... you have a starting point and can always add!


Supplies used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Here is Dena's card so you can why I wanted to copy it:




A little side note... If I were to sell cards, I would definitely change something on my card to make it different from the original, Sort of make it my own... and that change, in my eyes would make it OK. I would never copy a card completely and sell it as my own creation, it would not feel right to me. I am just saying... in case you were wondering. Again, this is my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!