just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Perfect Brusho Marble

Today I was playing around with my Brushos and Stamparatus... I tried out a technique called stamping with watercolor powders... but since I didn't have a perfect patterned stamp it didn't really do what it should... BUT I absolutely love this outcome! And I discovered that our marbled background stamp with that technique makes THE perfect  brusho background...




In short, I spritzed some water on shimmery white cardstock and also on the background stamp... then I sprinkled Brusho onto the cardstock and pressed the wet stamp in it... repeat with 2nd color. Let air dry!

Just the right amount of bleeding and white still in between.... fun and easy!

Product List

5 comments:

  1. Great technique! This is really beautiful. Tnanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight, I am looking for a beautiful dragon fly to make a card. Yours fit this description. What a beautiful work of art.

    Can you clarify what you did when you said "then I sprinkled Brusho onto the cardstock and pressed the wet stamp in it.".. repeat with 2nd color. Did you stamp the Dragon Fly or the Marbled clear stamp?

    It looks like you used a black glitter dragonfly cut out with the die.

    This is my favorite stamp and die set.

    thanks Lora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. by pressing the wet stamp in it I simply meant "stamping the stamp with nothing but water on the stamp" and the moist brusho sprinkled background will react and make the crystal spread... hope this helps

      Delete
  3. Tonight, I was looking for a beautiful dragon fly to make a card. Yours is beautiful. This has been my favorite stamp. Everyone loves the Dragon Fly.

    can you clarify what you did when you said you put the wet stamp into the

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is beautiful, I hope soon I can try this technique. I do not have the marbled bkg stamp. I looked at buying it but didn't.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!