just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Layout

This week for our Blogger's Challenge we are supposed to use the layout on page 141 - the "welcome baby" card.

page141

I decided to make my card fit the envelopes that are 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 inches, and we all have somewhere in our homes... I cut my card base 7 (and it's folded in half here) x 6 1/4.

So of course I am stuck on my new stamps, and wanted to use my "Boho Backgrounds" set. I already knew that I would really like this set, but I REALLY love it now and I am very happy with my card. Well, see for yourself! Hope you enjoy it:

boho backgrounds_challenge

Now to point out some details: Do you think I've used enough punches? I used: Scallop Circle, 1 3/8 Circle, 1 1/4 Circle, 1" Circle, AND the 1/4" Circle...

See how it's all layered and popped up:

boho_close up

And not to forget the stamped ribbon ;-) I used the white StazOn, and it comes out pretty good!

I really liked this weeks Layout and hope you all give it a try as well... when you do let me know!

22 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. I love what you did with the medallion...so much dimension...it's truly yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card - especially love the stamping on the ribbon!! love this set too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I'm guilty of using lots of punches on my cards, too! Great job! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I want that set, I thought I ordered it last time but I guess I changed my mind for the rub ons in stead, darn! The stamped ribbon caught my eye right away, I have been wanting to do that but keep forgetting, thanks for the reminder, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card looks WONDERFUL Claudia! I love all the "punch" work and the stamping on the ribbon is a PERFECT touch!!!! Great Job!!! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I'm going to have to get that stamp set out and play with it. I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card--I love the boho look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a such thing as too many punches??? I've been punch happy lately too and I love it.

    I love the colors you used this week, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice card! Love the colors! Great job with this challenge!

    Anita Van Hal
    stampn@westriv.com
    http://www.anitastamps.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really nice Claudia - I like your version and the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv the ribbon stampin', punches...great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flippin' fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Clean lines and lotsa punches! Great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card. Love the details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, especially the medallion (great use of punches!) and the stamped ribbon! I'm starting to think I may need this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The use of the all the punches and how you layered them is fabulous! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry Claudiea but You've been tagged...if you want to play along check out my blog! Have a GREAT weekend! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a gorgeous card, Claudia! You did a fantastic job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Claudia! I'm so glad I've already ordered this stamp set and that it's on the way to me. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful! I love the medallion and the color scheme (earth tones are so rich looking) and I've got to get Boho Backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!