just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, February 11, 2008

Technostamper Sketch Challenge #4

Hi there - I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I did. Yesterday was just too nice to stay inside! So my 2 dogs and I sat outside and read (well the dogs didn't - they are not THAT smart...)

Then I came back inside and worked on my Challenge for today, which came from Mary Jo at Technostamper. Don't forget to check out her blog after lunch to see the list of all other players!

Mary Jo, I have to tell you "this was NOT one of my favorites" (no offense!). But I guess that's what challenges are all about, right? To challenge us to do something different... and so I did.

Here is the layout we had to use:

Sketch 4 copy

And the card that I came up with:

TSSC4

I cut a piece of double sided designer Paper to measure 5 1/4 by 4. Then I found the midway point on the 5 1/4 side and cut from that point to the corner on one side and did the same on the other. The I've distressed the edges with the SU! cutter kit. I kept the middle part on the Paisley Pattern and flipped the corners over to use the backside of the paper. So I actually used BOTH sides of one piece of designer paper on the same card. I think that would make Gwen happy ;-)

I am not sure if you can see the sparkle on the flower, but it's embossed with iridescent ice EP!

If you want to play along, leave a comment here on my blog and at Mary Jo's!

Have a great Monday...

10 comments:

  1. Great job, Claudia!! this came out splendiferous! Love your new blog banner, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: if anyone wonders what "new blog banner" Kerry was talking about... since you don't see a change right now ;-) I thought I'd better let you know what I did. I've created a new one, checked it out on my blog to see if I like it and put the old one back on. The new one will be loaded on the evening of the 14th!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you did a wonderful job. I can not believe you did not like it. It does not show. The funny thing is I did not like it, lol. I love that you just flipped the two sided paper -- brilliant! The flower is an awesome addition too. I just love this card.(I feel a case coming on) Thanks so much for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudia, LOVE your card! This sketch was a challenge for me also, lol! I used the same piece of Designer paper as you did and flipped over the center section... great minds, lol! ; )

    Love the addition of the flower.. it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia,

    You did a wonderful job. Love the distressed edges and the addition of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, the little picture didn't do this justice -- it is so much prettier when enlarged! I ove how the flower shines and the distressing on the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to add the black under your flower - really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!