just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, June 20, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - Manly Themed Card

This week for our challenge group we had to post a card that is manly.

I have one for you that actually could serve that and another purpose. It could be used as an Anniversary Card - of course a different sentiment would be needed then.

My card is one of the larger ones, where you use a whole sheet of Cardstock and fold it in half...

Here is my card (click on photo to enlarge and see the shimmer of the main image):

kind thoughts_manly

Supplies
Stamps: Kind Thoughts, Sincere Salutations, Lots of Dots Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Night of Navy, Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Shimmery White (main Image!)
Ink: NIght of Navy classic and Craft, Certainly Celery Craft, VersaMark.
Accessories: Ribbon, Brads, Dimensionals, Chipboard

Tools: Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Corner Ticket Punch, Wheel Guide

 

The large Image was stamped in VersaMark onto Shimmery White CS and embossed with clear EP. Once cool, Night of Navy ink was brayered over it (= Shimmery Emboss Resist Technique)... It's really pretty and elegant looking in real life!

Enjoy your Friday!

 

Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. This is great Claudia! Love how you combined the different stamp sets for a very unique card. Great layout and color combo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this technique Claudia. I'll be trying that one very soon. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A truly elegant card without being feminine. Great blue color too! Fabulous job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paper piercing on the bottom ties in great with your stamped BG image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Claudia! It's manly, but elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I love the navy and celery together! One of my most favorite combos! Great job... your card is perfectly manly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Would be great for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice of colors for this card. (I've never made that large of a card) but it works. Very versatile for many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is stunning. I really like the Night of Navy and Certainly Celery together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Claudia! That main image pops on that shimmery CS...perfect elegance with a masculine look! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautifully done Claudia! Very elegant! That main image looks just wonderful with this technique! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Manly but elegant! I sure hope that the Lots of Dots wheel makes the new catty and then it will be on my first order!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not sure I would have ever thought to use that set for a masculine card....but, in this case it works! This is really a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card as usual Claudia! Hey, are we gonna go on stage together this year?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I love the shimmery emboss resist technique--I'll have to give that a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Claudia, I love the crisp feel of this card. You picked the perfect colors for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, pretty yet manly at the same time. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very nice, Claudia. Love the colors. I have never made a card that big either - I will have to give it a try! Great job on the challenge! (I am behind on checking out everyone's blogs for the past 2 weeks) TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!