just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, June 16, 2008

Technostamper's Sketch Challenge #22

Whew - has it really been 2 weeks since I've played along? Time really goes by faster and faster... But I decided I needed to make time to get back into the swing of participating in the Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenges - they really are lots of fun! Thanks Mary Jo for keeping us inspired. This week's layout is a pretty easy one to duplicate:

sketch 22


For my card, I've used a trading card sized Thank You Card as the main image...All I had to do is remove the "Thank You" oval from the trading card, add the ribbon and then the other layers/card behind it... and DONE! Most of the times you wouldn't even need to remove anything, but I wanted to stay true to the sketch...

TSSC22

Supplies
Stamps: Boho Backgrounds, Fresh Cut (Greeting)
Paper: Blue Bayou, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Afternoon Tea DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, VersaMark, Blue Bayou
Accessories: Ribbons,
Dimensionals
Tools: Scallop Circle Punch, Large Oval and Word Window Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, 1/4 inch circle Punch


I did this so my customers could see what to do with all those little cards they get from me. With each order they get a hand stamped Trading Card from me. My idea behind this little card is this... They can very easy take one of those and make it into a "real" card when one is needed. Even though I hear from my customers they collect my little cards, and I am very honored... I do hope I've inspired a few with this post and showed how quick and easy a little trading card could become a greeting card...

Don't forget to go over to Mary Jo's website around lunch time, to see who else is playing along this week...

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Claudia this is perfect. What a great job you did with this sketch, it is to a tee. I love it. This is such a fun set. Great colors too. Thanks for playing. Oh and thanks you so much for the SSUS challenge card and little goodie! That card is stunning and I would love to share it on my blog later if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Claudia! I love that you used a trading card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous idea Claudia for turning a trading card into a full card. I think I'll make some trading cards for convention! Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!