just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, May 8, 2009

Blogger's Challenge - Mother's Day

For our Blogger's Challenge today, we were to use the upcoming Mother's Day as a theme.

Since I am not in need for a Mother's day gift but still wanted to share, I thought I'd show you my hostess gift for my stamp club hostesses this month. Well, most of the ladies are mothers ;-)

This frame I think would make a great Mother's Day gift! It was inspired by Connie Babbert's project (great idea Connie!), so I can't take complete credit for it.

My frame is a little larger, I think. And I added some layers, the ribbon and the butterfly... Here is my version:

daisy frame

Items used:
Daisies #2 Die, Butterfly Die, Little Leaves Die, Oval All Stamp Set, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Punch, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip CS, Hostess Pack DSP, Kiwi Kiss Button and ribbon, Old Olive ink, Very Vanilla Craft Ink, Dimensionals and the the white cardboard backing from DSP packs to make the daisies... The frame came from the $$ Store... I took out the glass and ugly graduation decoration...

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Claudia, a gift ANYONE would wnat to receive. Your flower center is so elegant...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautiful! Awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome!! I just read further to answer my question of whether the glass was on/off ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! This is gorgeous and what a lucky hostess you have to receive this gift!! I am sure she will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Claudia! You did such a beautiful job with this frame! I just loved Connie's and I love yours too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Gift. Love the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Claudia, this is so good. The colours are perfect and that flower is such a focal point.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just fabulous. How beautiful I would love this it's a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful Gift - your hostesses will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love the layered daisy and its button center.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saving this one...what an awesome piece of work..love it.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallo Claudia, Dein Blog sieht ja richtig sommerlich aus. Der Bilderrahmen ist auch super schön geworden. Tolle Farbwahl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This turned out super cool! I love the colors and your design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I thought I was having deja vu! lol! Great job...I like the bigger frame, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you layered the daisies--so pretty! The Little Leaves are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!