just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, May 15, 2009

Blogger's Challenge - "Case" yourself

Boy this week's theme was a fun one for sure! We had to "Case" ourselves (case = copy and share everything or copy and steal everything). But we had to change 2 things...

So I started to look through my electronic file folder of cards I have done over the years, and just picked one real easy layout.

This is a card I've done, I want to say back in April of 2006:

looks like spring square
Please forgive the horrible photo.. I think my photography skills have improved a little since...

The card that I made, obviously has at least 2 things changed:

fifth ave floral challenge

Even though you don't see it in the shot above, the rose is very sparkly! See here:

close

I still had a water colored rose image on my desk waiting for it's big day... So I couldn't resist and use it this week. I also had a product on my desk that I've bought several months ago... So in short... the rose was stamped in black StazOn ink, water colored and then with a brush, I've applied "Iridescent Medium for Water Colour" by "Winsor & Newton" all over it (found at Michael's in their art supply area). Once dry, I stamped the image over it once again, using my Stamp-a-ma-jic.

It looks very cool in real... Oh and the DSP is from the hostess DSP pack... Another unusual color combination... Apricot Appeal and Basic Gray...

O.K. I better get going now with my 2nd card for the Technique Class this Sunday...

Have a wonderful Friday!

21 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job CASE-ing yourself Claudia. The first card is pretty, but your CASED card is stunning. Love the gray and yellow together. Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING that Rose and you all keep enabling me to HAVE TO GET IT!!!! Gorgeous!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job changing up your old card. The new one is so stunning. The color combo looks fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful CASE, love the sparkly yellow Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toll wie Du die zweite Karte gestaltet hast. Die Farben gefallen mir sehr gut und die Rose einfach fantastisch.
    Liebe Grüße
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rose is beautiful and sparkly--great color combo for your cased card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your layout and the changes you made to your card. Your color choices are awesome, and I love the pattern on pattern. Rock on girl! Selene~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the yellow with the gray!!!! Plus all that glitter!!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! Great color! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty colour combo, and awesome case.

    :) Marcia P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the new version and the apricot and gray make an elegant combination! That sounds like a great product to play with to add sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Claudia! Love your color choices and love the minor modifications you made! The cased card is definitely my fav! {SMILEs}

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVELY colors on your case card!!! Those grays and saffron together are just BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job casing yourself!! I really like the second card!! Great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Claudia! I just love the gray and yellow together! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! so pretty! Love the updated version! The color combo is great...very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful changes, Claudia. I think it has been fun to see everyone who went back in time and how they have grown as stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous Claudia! Love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you updated your original card, Claudia! The sparkly rose is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!