just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, May 21, 2009

New (to me) stamp set

Well I just got in a new stamp set and couldn't wait any longer to use it. It's the "Thoughts and Prayers" stamp set from the current catalog and to be totally honest, I only bought it because of the Tree in it.

So I thought, since I am going to use the tree lots in the future, I should use the branch first... so it won't feel neglected :-)

I really like using pre-selected color combinations, that takes a lot of "design stress" away and makes it so much easier... Soooo, I started out to use the weekly color pick by Color Throwdown:

Colorthrowdown_CTD43

I think I got the color info yesterday and then went to work on my card this afternoon since I needed a break from book keeping. Well, since I did it by memory and I am getting old... I messed up. I used "Pale Plum" instead of "Lavender Lace". Oooops! BUT I really like how it turned out anyway:

thoughts and prayers

Supplies used: PALE PLUM :-) CS and Marker, Elegant Eggplant CS and Marker, Old Olive CS and Marker, Whisper White CS, Taste of Textiles DSP, Eyelet Border Punch, Silver Brads, Thoughts & Prayers, Birthdays count, Dimensionals.

Maybe next week I'll get it right again?! There's always hope...

 

4 comments:

  1. Great card. That stamp set will be my next purchase and for the same reason-the tree. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stamp set and you sure did it justice! Lovely take on the challenge. Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL card! I borrowed that set from a friend recently and I'm hoping she gets tired of it soon! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!