just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, July 3, 2009

Blogger's Challenge: Wave the Flag - Red White Blue

I just knew what I wanted to do for today's challenge - I just needed a few minutes to actually do it. Since it had to be patriotic and I only have limited supplies for that (what a shame) I had this great idea for our new star shape from the "Punch Windows" die set. REALLY EASY!

I've created a box using the "Movers & Shapers" Die with the magnetic star insert, and kept the colors to red, white and blue:

4th of july box_closed

and here is another view, so you can see what's inside:

4th of july box_open

To make the box, I've used 2 pieces of Brilliant Blue CS.
One piece, the insert = 5 1/8 by 5 15/16 (scored at 7/8 on all sides) AND the other piece, the "sleeve" = 4 ¼ by 10

To create the sleeve, place the star shaped die  into the movers and shaper die somewhat centered. Then place the CS over it and align it with the end of the die that has the opening, then cut! Score the CS at 1, 4 ½ and 9!

The star opening is covered on the inside with a piece of acetate.

The small stars are from the "Wanted" Stamp set, the greeting is a retired one (very old, sorry don't have a new one yet!) and were stamped in white Craft ink. I've cut some more stars with the same die, sponged the edges, attached them to the box and the blue star is popped up...

Very quick and easy!

This brings me to the point that I want to wish everyone out there HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

Have a great weekend...

16 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cute, and very patriotic treat box! The star window is great with the stars seeming to fall out of it. Very nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice project. I love the stars and the cut out star to show what's inside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific project Claudia! Love the star window! Great idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Claudia! Love the peep hole in the box...the design is gorgeous! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little treat box! Love this! Great little party favor for our festivies this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome project! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an AWESOME project Claudia!! and yummy treats too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use the Movers and Shakers! Mine is on the way and I'll be CASing! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to use your Movers and Shapers!! Love the treat box! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! My dies will be here on Monday. Can't wait to try your idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute box, hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just awesome!!! Thanks for the great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! I wish I had had one of those for my trip this weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!