just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, December 17, 2009

New And Old…

Let’s start with the “old” – it’s the technique we’ve played with this month. It’s called “Ceran Wrap”. I dug it up from my old files and while reading over the steps I just knew I wanted to make some small changes.

The first step is to clear heat emboss a word background onto white CS. Then it calls for you to use Markers and scribble one color on one piece of plastic wrap and another on a second piece of plastic wrap. I thought it would be much faster if I used an ink pad instead of the marker each time. And I was right! Then you are supposed to spray water over the plastic, crinkle it up, open back up and press the CS on it. Repeat with second color… Once dry another image gets stamped randomly all over.

So while playing with that technique, it hit me. I needed to try this out with our own shimmer mist (Rubbing Alcohol and Shimmer Paint, I used the Champagne Mist). And let me tell you, it not only works great but is gorgeous!

Too bad that the pictures don’t do it justice! It’s nice and shimmery IRL:

dasher

The second card is where the “New” comes in. I’ve used a new Stamp Set called “Vintage Vogue” which will be available in January:

Vintage Vogue

Another “NEW” fact is… starting with our Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Catalog we all get to choose if we want our stamps to be wood mount as used to or get this: CLEAR MOUNT! YAY, this is an absolutely fabulous option for those that are running out of storage room and for those that have a hard time aligning the wood block…

I am very excited about this option and happy that Stampin’ Up! didn’t just go to clear stamps, but to clear mount. That means we get to enjoy the same high-quality rubber and foam we’ve grown to love on our wood-mount stamps but now with our clear mount stamps.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!