just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, February 26, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge: Bags or Boxes

Today we were supposed to create bags or boxes for our weekly challenge.

I decided to make a box. This is a box pattern I’ve made up a while back with the purpose to house several cards and envelopes so they can be given as a little gift.

Here is my box – Top View:

top

Front View:

front

See that darn cute crochet flower on the front? My downline Julie made those and brought some to our meeting this month… Thanks again Julie!

And here is a view with the box open:

open

This very box has already 6 cards and 6 envelopes in it… and there is still room for maybe 2-4 more, depending on embellishments…

Here are the facts, because I know some of you might want to know :-)

Bottom of box = 9 3/4 by 8 1/2 score at 2 all the way around

Top of box = 7 7/8 by 6 5/8 score at 1 all the way around

The hinge was created on back of Top Piece (instead of closing the corners they were cut off, and “flap” taped to outside of bottom)!

Have fun stamping…


13 comments:

  1. What a great box!!! I love the cards inside too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty...I love the colors! That set makes it so easy to make up a box of cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box Claudia! Thanks for sharing the directions too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cuite this is. Love it.

    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Claudia! Directions are great too - I'm definitely going to make one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!!! I especially love how you used your friend's crochet work...absolutely darling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a neat project- I love the idea of the cards that fit inside- great project. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this box -- the colors you used, the way you decorated and that darned cute crochet flower. Haven't tried those....will have to investigate as they are cuter than I thought. Thanks for the directions too -- always looking for boxes to make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice Claudia, Would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great box Claudia! I love the color combo and that die...I need to purchase some new toys for my big shot ;-). I also love that you made it to fit your greeting cards as a gift idea--I'll be using this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought for sure that I commented on this! It must be lost in cyberspace! I love your box Claudia! What a wonderful gift idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. hallo, Claudia

    bin mal wieder seit langer Zeit auf deinen Blog gelandet und habe diese tolle Kartenbox entdeckt.
    Habe mir die Maße mal kopiert und würde sie gern mal ausprobieren. Aber ich habe meine Probleme mit den Inch. Wieviel cm sind denn 7 7/8 by 6 5/8 ???
    Könntest du mir da helfen? Wäre ganz lieb von dir.

    Ganz liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
    Regina

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!