just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, March 26, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge – Sketch

Hi Guys – it’s Friday :-)  and not only does that mean the weekend is right there in front of us, but also that it’s time for a Blogger’s Challenge post!

Today we were supposed to follow a sketch. Well, I’ll re-phrase that… get inspired by a sketch. Because that’s what I did. I could NOT follow it precisely as I didn’t care too much for the shape. And Lisa, please don’t take this wrong, I love all of your challenges! And sometimes they are a challenge, and that’s good, because it makes us stretch our creative mind a little more. But this week I chose the easy way and just used it somewhat freely as a “guide”.

Here is the sketch:

BCmarchsketch 

I still had a stamped image on my stamp desk and wanted to use it. Because of the style of the image, I chose not to but a layer behind it… So, this is what my mind made me do:

fifth ave. sketch

Enjoy your weekend…

23 comments:

  1. Super schöne Karte Claudia. Süß der Schmetterling aus Pergament. LG Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birthday card. Love the colors of the rose and the vellum butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely birthday card. Love the colors of the rose and the vellum butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the rose, love the butterfly, love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flower and butterfly, perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card does follow the sketch..you just used different elements. - They look great together. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I love this flower with this sketch- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Claudia!! Love the rose and butterfly...together they are a hit :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done Claudia! Your blossom is colored beautifully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally takes my breath away -- absolutely stunning. I love the softness of the colors you chose, but the butterfly is the coup de grace! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeousssssssss!!!!! Great interpretation of the sketch! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Claudia! Love those colors together and you really rocked the sketch! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely Stunning! Excellent take on this sketch and I love this technique! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty card! I really like the way you used the flower instead of going with a circle...way to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty...love the flower instead of the circle. I used the butterfly, too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just lovely! I really like the colors of the flower and how you pulled them all together on the large flower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your rose is beautiful & love the paper behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. STUNNING - love those colors and the designer paper and the butterfly! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice. These flowers are one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful image, luv the colors! That rose is FAB

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty!! Love the softness of this card and that flower rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your rose is beautiful. I love the butterfly too, great birthday card. You did a great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Claudia this card is fabulous! Love the use of the rose for that element and your butterfly is just the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!