just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, April 16, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge – A Sketch!

It’s Friday and you know that that “usually” means ;-)  It’s time to play along in the weekly challenge… This week, Lisa gave us a sketch to use in our creations:

BCaprilsketch

And if you know me, you know how much I LOVE sketches. Thanks, Lisa! This is a great one!! I think it’s a great one to put the hoarded DSP to use :-)

Then nothing is better than getting to play with NEW stamps. YAY. And I did just that! So with today’s creation, you’ll get a little sneak peek of the new stamp set called “Elements of Style”, which will be available in the upcoming Mini Catalog next month!

Here is my card:

elements of style_BC

I took another photo to show that the image layer is actually popped up:

elements of style side


I’ve recently re-discovered my love for the Watercolor crayons, so of course I’ve used those and my Aqua Painter to color in the image. This image makes it soooo easy to get a good water-colored look!

See here:

elements of style close

OK – I better get off the computer, my friend is on her way over and we’ll make some inserts for our “Simply Adorned” charms…

Have a great weekend!

26 comments:

  1. I have been wondering what to do with that stamp set...this is gorgeous and so easy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think this is a stunner -- so beautifully colored and just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you don't know how CLOSE I came to using that set and doing something very similar! Great minds! Love yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, wonderful choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the colors and the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Claudia,
    das ist eine tolle Karte. Wenn Du Sketche sooo liebst, guck doch mal bei unserer Challenge vorbei ;-). LG Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is beautiful. Your watercoloring is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The flowers are gorgeous and so is the watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, luv the stamp, thanks for the sneak peek and the inkspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you really show-cased this card well...and the water-coloring is simply perfect...with the Patterned Paper.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Claudia! Wonderful mix of colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Love the way you did the sentiment--great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! I can't wait to use this stamp myself--fell in love with it right away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful! LOVE the colors and those flowers just pop right off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful!! I love this stamp but didn't pre-order it... Oh no.... I am going to have to get it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have so many floral stamps- this is gorgeous- I will HAVE to have it!!! Love your beautiful card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautifully colored image!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!!! This is drop dead gorgeous!! I love how you colored in this awesome image too!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is SO stunning! I'm loving this set and what you did with it! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a keeper! Love the colors and those flowers are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE that set--just got mine too---your card is fab. So glad you got to play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW..this is gorgeous Claudia!...great minds do think alike! ;)
    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card! Love the image....you gals are all trying to convince me that I need that set, aren't you?!! Terrific color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card! Sorry I am so late - catching up on my past due comments!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!