just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, April 19, 2010

Little Black Dress

My cruise is only a few days away now it seams… I can’t wait! I am sure you know that :-)

But I wanted to share the story of the “Little Black Dress” with you…

While on the cruise we will have 2 FORMAL evenings and I had stressed over that fact a bit! So I had bought dresses online and returned because they were too big. I bought some outfits at Ross, returned some because Hubby didn’t like them… but kept some and thought they would do. Even though they were not my favorite… One day I told my story to one of my friends and she said she has 2 dresses that should fit me and she’d bring them by for me to try and I could borrow them if I liked them. She did bring them, I tried them… And they were PERFECT! So after a couple of days of looking at them I wanted to own them not just borrow. So I asked her if she would sell them to me and we made a “trade”.  2 dresses for SU merchandise. Yes she is also a customer and will be hostess in June, so she wanted to save her SU $$ for that. Which is fine with me, of course. But I wanted her to have something in hand so she knew I wouldn’t forget. So I made her an IOU and put inside a card. But not any ole card…

This is the little black dress card I made:

black dress front

And the back view:

black dress back

See one of the dresses has the pretty rhinestones on the back… so I tried to re-create that look…

There is not much stamping. All I did was this, I folded the black CS and placed the folded line inside of the circle die to cut a card. Then I cut the sides by hand. I used the small oval punch for the neck line. Both sides were spritzed with our shimmer spray (rubbing alcohol with champagne mist shimmer paint)

The IOU is inside the card… I think it turned out pretty neat :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, this card is too cute. What a great trade, love when friends are able to help out in a pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia - I love the little black dress card. My husband and I have fallen in love with cruising
    (13 cruises in the last 5 years!) and the best advice we ever got was before our 1st cruise: take along a power strip. Most cabins only have 1 electric outlet and when you have electric curlers, cameras to recharge, electric toothbrushes, lap tops, cell phones, etc. - it really pays to have those extra outlets.
    Have a fabulous trip!!
    :o) Marian in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! It's great to make cards that have meaning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story & great card! Have fun on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea, you are so creative Claudia! Love this card so much and I am so glad you found dresses for your cruise! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!