just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, August 27, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge: Red, Green & Yellow

So today we are to use the colors Red, Green and Yellow. During Stamp-a-Stack this morning, I told the ladies about that and Ellen said right away “Sunflowers!”. Well from that moment on my mind was working… thinking “Daisies Die”, cut CS in yellow… layer with other colors, do some texturizing…..

And this is what I came up with while the ladies made their cards:

Tiny Tags_Bloggers Challenge

I used: Poppy Parade for my red because I wanted to use the ear phone cover over my brad, and that was a brighter red… for the green, I used Wild Wasabi and the yellow is Daffodil Delight.

I’ve used the polka dot embossing folder on some of the daisies. Used the “Elegant Lines” embossing folder on the Wild Wasabi CS, and sponged the edges. I added a TINY TAG :-) and skinny ribbon… and of course some shimmer spray, which looks really neat on the Wasabi CS.

15 comments:

  1. That shimmer is fabulous. I was looking at the card thinking - wow - I wonder what she did to get that bling and then sure enough, you gave the details - it's the shimmer ink. That works great! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Very pretty! Lov ethe big sunflower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful card Claudia! I love the embossing on the Wild Wasabi! Your sunflower is wonderful too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty. Love the embossed background paired with your beautiful die-cut flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the texture and the use of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, bright and cheery card. Would be a perfect for get well wishes. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, wonderful shimmer on the EF!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love that sparkle and your flower turned out so bright and vivid! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shimmer spray and the added embossing to the flower. Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, how pretty is that! I love the sparkles, and the embossing on the flower. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I love the beautiful sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sunflower! Love the sparkly background, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Love the shimmer on that Wild Wasabi! This looks like such a clean and simple card and I am sure everyone will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great flower and I like the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is genius thinking...simple style, yet so elegant and showy...Love this...
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!