just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Color Combo and a Tip

Today I created a card following this color combo:

color combo

sort of anyway!  I totally forgot about the Early Espresso and used Basic Black. But it so minor, it really doesn’t matter that much.

Here is my card:

just believe

You see, I don’t have ANY or the Bermuda Bay cardstock anymore since this is a retired color. But I wanted to play along so I can show you what you can do when you run out of retired colors!

Of course you can simply brayer our white cardstock with the color needed. OR you can do like I did and use GLOSSY white Cardstock and simply pull the inkpad across the CS to cover it. It will leave some cool lines which look like texture…  The stamp set used is called “Just Believe”.

Now on to my Tip of the day! Oh right, this is already the 2nd tip for today, considering the info above *grin*

What I really wanted to share with you today is besides the original purpose of our clear stamp set cases there are more!

They can be storage for multiple sets in one case, they hold Markers, the sheets of embellishments, several cards with envelopes and more I am sure of.

But the best of all… you can use it to MAIL cards that are very dimensional! See here:

mailing dimensional cards

I’ve adhered the mailing labels on the outside of the case and taped the sides shut…

Granted it cost me a little more than in a regular envelope, but it’s so worth it to me!

1 comment:

  1. Great mailing tip! I've often wondered how to mail a heavily embellished card as finding the right size box or puffy envelope can be difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!