just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Inspired by a Sketch!

Today I came across a sketch issued by my demonstrator online group SUDSOL and it inspired me right away!

A sketch and scallops – how can you resist? Here it is:

Sketch46-001

And I challenged myself to use a color I normally don’t reach for… Pacific Point! Even though I LOVE the color blue, I guess this shade is a little bright for me. So I really need to warm up to it. Since I didn’t know what colors to use with it, I pulled out my friend the Color Coach. And he told me to use “Daffodil Delight” and “Rich Razzleberry”. And you know I am cool with Razzleberry, my all time favorite color!

Here is my card:

butterfly prints

Now that I look at the picture it looks a little crooked… I promise the card is straight! Hmmm…. Anyway, I’ve used the new stamp set “Butterfly Prints” and “Pretty Pattern” for the background. AND another sneak peek here… the scallop border from the new mini catalog :-) LOVE it!!!! Or should I say Likey, likey my Tuesday stamp club friends?

I did some sponging on the polka dots texture so it really pops. And I used the “Gold Glow” Smooch Spritz on the greeting circle. Here is a close up – you may have to click on it to really see it:

close for shimmer

Don’t you just love the bling? Alright, that’s it for today… I better get some food cooked for my hubby tonight before I head out the door…

Have a nice afternoon/evening!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card, love the color combo and I am a sucker for scallops and sparkle! Love your diamond butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!