just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, August 20, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge – Back to School

Ok this was a harder challenge for me because I don’t have kids and really don’t need any back to school items. BUT I didn’t want to skip posting so I did come up with something that I think kids would love to have in their pencil pouch… and I can use myself too :-)

Here is my project:

pretty pattern pencil

The close up:

close pencil

I’ve inked up the background stamp “Pretty Pattern” with Tempting Turquoise CRAFT ink, rolled the pencil across to stamp the pattern onto it and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then the pattern didn’t show up enough for my taste, so I used the same Craft ink and colored in the open petals with a blender pen :-)

The tag on the one pencil was created by folding a piece of DSP into half and punching out the large tag, but keeping the fold line inside the punch so you have a folded tag once punched! I then punched a hole into the fold line and repeated several times until it was large enough for the pencil to fit through… I used Mini Glue Dots to keep the tags from flapping.

Now I have two very pretty pencils that will make me smile every time I am going to use them. Go ahead and make some for yourself and brighten your day or give to friends and brighten theirs…

18 comments:

  1. Cute idea.Great for back to school or working at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute and creative--great idea :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Love the little Owl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific idea, Claudia...what child wouldn't love one of your special pencils. Unique and beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Claudia! Love how you stamped on the pencils...very clever. ;)

    {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Very clever idea to roll the pencil - perfect way to go about this. I'm thinking this is a new idea I can use for those larger background stamps and the pencil is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pencils are fabulous Claudia and that topper is too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pencil topper. Great idea Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea to stamp on the pencils. Really worked great. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable. Wish I started to stamp when my kids were small. I would have loved to make some of these little items for the start of a new school year. Well, I guess I will enjoy making them for my grandchildren when that time in my like arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever and very appropriate for back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my!!! I LOVE these! I will have to get ambitious and create some for my students...they will think that they are something else if I can make this beautiful for them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous! What a clever and creative idea to stamp on the pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the idea with the pencils!! Stamping on the pencils couln't have bene easy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!