just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Limited Supplies

Today I started out by checking my scrap paper files to see which one had half a sheet of cardstock. There was one in “Marina Mist” – Lucky me :-)

Then I knew I wanted to try my hand in the paper ribbon gathering… And this is what I came up with:

elizabeth_gathered

I used a strip of textured vanilla CS that was 1 inch by 11 and punched it with the Eyelet Border Punch. Then I made the CS more pliable by pulling it back and forth across the sharp edge of my table… Then I’ve sponged it and added a strip of Sticky Tape on the back.

The rest is fairly easy… I just peeled off the red liner from the sticky tape little by little and pressed the “faux ribbon” down onto the card and gathered it all the way across.

I’ve used the stamp “Elizabeth” and the pretty greeting from “Watercolor Trio”. And I only added a thin piece of ribbon to keep it simple and limited.

I did sponge the edges of the card in Marina Mist ink because I really wanted to layer… you know me :-)

1 comment:

  1. Love the paper lace...I'm going to go make some right now! Thanks for all the great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!