just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, October 15, 2010

Blogger’s Challenge - Color Challenge: Black/White splash of Orange

For this week’s challenge we were to use the colors Black/White and some Orange.

At first I thought of Halloween, but then decided to go a totally different route.

I still had my “Days of Gratitude” Stamp set on my desk because I just love to look at it :-) And I wanted to try out something simple but elegant. And here is what I came up with:

days of gratitude_color challenge

I really just wanted to use a “splash” of the orange and chose to color the images in with Markers in Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango and Peach Parfait.  The images were stamped in black CRAFT ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. And boy have I discovered a new love! That black craft pad is just stunning!

You have to take a closer look:

close days of g

It’s so deep and rich in color and then the clear embossing powder makes it so shiny… love it! Or should I say “Likey, likey” (Tuesday Girls!)?

Like I said this card is very simple, but I think with all that shine (embossing and the white glossy cardstock) it’s also elegant.

I’m very happy with the outcome, considering that orange is not really my favorite color :-) I do like it when it’s in combination with other fall colors…

7 comments:

  1. I think simple is gorgeous, it looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likey Likey...and I'm not part of that group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! The embossing really makes those leaves stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I need to put that stamp pad on my next order, I guess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologize for not commenting on this earlier Claudia. I never received the update. It is simply beautiful! So clean and elegant! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!