just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day’s Til Christmas

Today is the first post in the series of “Candy Cane Christmas” Decor Elements items.

I had gotten the real red sheet last month with the plan to make cute hostess gifts for December. I did that, but also made an item for ME!  :-)  That’s a first… I usually make the cute gifts and give them away, not this time…

The item I made, is a count-d0wn to Christmas Calendar. Here it is:

days til christmas decor

I’ve created the “backdrop” (white background with red tag, words, and the border on bottom) in “My Digital Studio”, printed it out and then layered onto Real Red CS. It’s inside one of the 8x10 plastic easel frames… The two red birds are the decor elements and were added to the outside of the frame so they would give a little shadow and look more dimensional.

Gifts like that are way easy to make, but so special…

Check back often as I’ll post several more of the items I’ve created and actually given away :-)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a Countdown board! I'm going to break out the decoupage for some DSP frames this weekend - some decor elements would have been good additions too! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!