just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Glitter Ornament

Now I can finally tell you about the glitter ornaments I made. See, I made them as gifts for my stamp club members and didn’t want them to see before all the club meetings were held. The last one was last night so now I can share.

I am going to show you my funky version, done in 2 colors. Here is the first one (Crushed Curry):

ornament4

And here is the 2nd color option (Bermuda Bay):

ornament2

And here is the fun part… Supplies used for the regular, no topper ornament:

- Glass ornament

- Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

- Re-inker

- a little water

- A container like a small bottle or jar

These are SOOOOOO easy to make! You should give it a try and could make them to match anything you like with the large number of Stampin’ Up! colors on hand…

This is how I did mine:

- Take off the hanger part

- Rinse out ornament with plain water. Pour out the water. It will still have a little puddle in it and that’s OK!

- Add your re-inker color 10-15 drops depending on how dark you ink already is and how dark you want the ornament

- Cover the opening with your thumb (gloves are optional). Gently SWIRL the color to cover the inside of the ornament. Do NOT shake or you will get small bubbles that are impossible to get rid off!

- Turn ornament up side down so the opening will be on the bottom and set the ornament onto the container opening so the extra ink can run out and into the container. Let it drain until the inside is not wet but only moist.

- If you collected lots of ink still at the opening of the ornament you can gently tap it on a pile of paper towels to make that flow out a little more

- Fill some Glitter inside, cover opening again… and now shake to cover the inside

- Shake out extra glitter and collect, because you can re-use it for the same color of ornaments. And once you are completely done, you have colored glitter to use on other projects :-)

The funky toppers were created with a digital stamp from “My Digital Studio” and then cut with “Sure Cuts a Lot” and the cricut machine… Once cut I sprayed water on them and crinkled them. Then opened back up and made sure they were still crinkly and added to ornament, so they would keep their shape. Once dry, I decided I needed shimmer spray on them too :-) I only made a few of these toppers because not everyone will like that funky look… Of course those could be done in traditional Christmas colors too!

Have fun trying YOUR hand in making some glitter ornaments for your tree or for gifts…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!