just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February Hostess Gifts

Yesterday evening I had the last stamp club meeting for this month. And with that I now can share the hostess gifts I gave.

I made each hostess a Mini Magazine Holder with 6 note cards + envelopes inside:

1

The group of cards:

1_group of cards

And here is it in a different color:

2

Another one, same but slightly different:

3

And a close-up of one of the cards:

3_card

When I started making the note cards, I made the textured layer 5 1/4 by 4 inches. But now decided with my last set, that I really like them best when that layer is 5 by 3 3/4 inches!

I’ve used several different embossing folders on the cards and they really are pretty elegant even though they are so simple.

I think I may hold a class next month on these, so stay tuned for the details!

Oh, one funny thing (or sweet!?) I wanted to share! At one of the events where I gave away one of the brown magazine holders, one of the ladies asked where she could find the pretty Designer Paper!  You see, it’s just plain cardstock that was randomly stamped in white craft ink with the branch image and in Early Espresso ink with the little butterfly from the “Sweet Summer” set. It is a FREE set in the Sale-a-Bration catalog!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful compliment for someone to mistake your stamped cardstock for a DSP!!! These are great & I LOVE the simple embossed cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to make some of these!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!