just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, February 14, 2011

Techno Stampers Sketch Challenge

It’s already Monday again, and that means of course it’s time for a new sketch provided by MaryJo.

This week, she gave us a square to work with:

tssc161_thumb

I really wanted to add some more layers, you know me! But I behaved and followed the sketch a little more closely that I wanted.

I am still in a vintage mood and came up with this:

nature walk_tssc

I really wanted you to see the details, so I took another close-up shot:

nature walk_close

Supplies

Stamps:
Nature Walk, Teeny Tiny Whishes

Paper:
Naturals Ivory, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP

Ink:
Soft Suede, Early Espresso

Accessories:
Antique Brads, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Brads

Tools: 
Modern Label Punch, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Boho Blossom Punch, Cutter Kit, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Distressing Essentials!

 

Soooo, I still don’t know if you can see that I’ve used shimmer spray on the image layer… I really is pretty in real! Then I also wanted to point out the gathered Ribbon and the nifty way to use the Modern Label Punch. I saw Kimberly VanDiepen do that yesterday on her blog and LOVED that!

Tip:
If you would like to achieve a subtle vintage distressed look like on the background of my card, you NEED the “Distressing Essentials” kit! It comes with several different tools and distressing ink spots. I simply used the rubber block, inked it up with the “Tea Stain” ink, gave it a quick spritz with plain old water and then swiped across the textured cardstock. I just love how that turned out!

Be aware, that I will use that kit lots more from now on :-)

4 comments:

  1. Claudia, this is beautiful!! I love all the different things you did with this card! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forwarded your great distressing tip & example to a friend who just ordered that distress kit from me! Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vintage card! I have the distressing kit and it is fun to use - haven't been able to use everything in it yet, but hope to, since it is readily visible on my table....Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a soft and romantic vintage card. Love it. So many great details. Did you stitch the binding to get it to scrunch? Thanks so much for playing along this week! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!