just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Digital Studio and other files

Today I wanted to share an invitation with you that I had made for my husbands Military Retirement party.

Here is what I came up with:

retirement party

I made it all in “MDS” and then we emailed it out. How fun and easy! It’s not fancy, but I really really like it.

The grill, flip flops and Title were stamps in the software, the text was simply typed…

I wanted to make you aware, that you can use other files within the software. If you use “clipart” treat them like pictures…

If you want to be a little fancier like my “pool” above, you want to use “SVG” files. See, SVG files you can make changes to like the color…  I did a search for “free SVG files” or specifically an item as SVG, like the “steak” on the grill.

Then I wanted to be able to use it like our punches, which are SVG files. So I went into the location on my computer where the “Punches” are stored (it’s under Components under My Digital Studio) and created a new folder and called it “custom” so I know those are my custom creation/imported items. Then once I had downloaded my SVG files I’d put them into that folder.

Now when you are in MDS you simply open the punches and select the “custom” folder. Let me show you with a different sample:

mds1

Then select the one you want – and you’ll see the “shape”:

mds2

Then you can fill it with DSP:

mds3

And you’ll get this:

pick up-002

OK – how COOL is that?!!!

pick up-003

One more…

pick up-002

Have fun playing with your “new punches”. Let me know what you come up with!

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for sharing this tip! I've been experimenting with other files, too, but with little success. I REALLY needed to know this information! I love my MDS!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!