just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My friend the color coach

Just as a quick reminder to you guys, each year when we get new In-colors, we also put a set of color coach cards in the catalog so you can add on to the core collection colors!

So I had used the “CC” (=color coach) during the stamp club meetings this month and thought he should to the thinking for me today as well! I wanted to use “Pacific Point” on my card and since I am not so cozy with bright colors, he came to my rescue! “CC” told me to use “Rich Razzleberry” and “Daffodil Delight” with “Pacific Point”.

I had already stamped my image so I took my sheets of CS in suggested colors, pulled in a sketch (kindly provided by MaryJo over at Techno Stamper) and worked away.

Here is the sketch:

TSSC225

And here is my card, with a little help from “CC”:

betsys blossoms1

Here is a close up, so you can see the embossing I did:

betsys blossoms3

And here a side view so you can see the paper pieced wings and the curled banner:

betsys blossoms2

The stamp set that I’ve used is called “Betsy’s Blossoms”.

If you’re stuck in a color rut… go grab your color coach and follow what he tells you to do and try out something new!

Have fun stamping!

2 comments:

  1. adorable card, thanks for sharing...hope you have a great week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, great color combo. Not sure I would have come up with that one on my own. I love the CC! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week, your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!