just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Upcycling

Don’t you just LOVE when you receive an order AND get extra stuff to play with? Like I did last week…I received an order from PetSmart and they had TONS of the brown shipping paper stuffed in the box. AND the long sheets were perforated so I was able to make a pile of smaller sheets… easier to store. YAY!

But as soon as I saw that paper, I knew that I wanted to use it with my “Spiral Flower” die! See:

simply sketched_flower

How to:

Now when you look close, you can see that the flower is 2-toned. I simply cut TWO spiral from the packing paper and set one aside. The other one I’ve inked up with my Chocolate Chip inkpad. I didn’t like the uneven ink and lines on there, so I spritzed it with rubbing alcohol pretty wet and that made the ink bleed and color it nicely… I let that dry.

Then I picked up both spiral and layered them on top of one another, with the darker one behind the lighter. Using the angled tweezers I rolled both spirals together! Then I scrunched the petals a little more (so easy to do with this thin paper…) and used HOT GLUE to adhere the bud to the end piece. I also added some glue between the 2 end pieces of the 2 spirals for extra security.

Soooo easy – and I love the vintage look. Just wait until I pull out our Creped Filter Paper!

There are 2 items that I’ve used on this card that I want to point out as they are becoming fast favorites of mine..

scalloped Tag Topper

gold bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!