just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Beach Inspiration



My son is in town on leave from Ft. Bliss, Texas and my sister in law is here from New York. Therefore, we have been at the beach often in the past few days. Claudia did a screen card at Christmas that I just fell in love with that had a winter scene. I thought I would try the same with a beach scene.

As I said before, I love to sponge and mask. I sponged the sun with crushed curry and then used a sticky note and cut out a circle to use as a mask. I sponged various blue hues, while masking off the horizon line. After that was set, I removed the mask on the sun and reversed the horizon mask in order to sponge in the beach with baked brown sugar.

I read somewhere that torn velum can be a good substitute for a wave effect, so I tried that out. I also sponged some craft white for the clouds. I added some birds and sea grass and was ready to cut the panels.

I had cut the card and scored it into quarters so that I could make the screen. I used a punch on the bottom to give the "leg" effect. Thanks for that awesome idea Claudia!

I was happy to have a beach scene at the end. Hope you like it!

Allysha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!