just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Coloring My World after Blendabilities

Hi, Everyone!  And Aloha to Claudia and Rob! This is Joy, from the Tuesday group filling in while Claudia and Rob have a fabulous time in Hawaii J 

I know a lot of us enjoyed coloring our images using the blendabilities.  I’m here to tell you that even though they are now discontinued your coloring life will go on!  It’s time to re-introduce you to the Aqua Painter. 
 This tool is wonderful for coloring and you don’t have to fill it with water if you don’t want to (some of us are a little water faucet challenge, card carrying member here, as Claudia would tell you if she were here…if she could stop laughing long enough that is! <sigh>).  Anyhow….lol.


My creative color wheel has been stuck lately on the Red-Orange-Yellow group, so I grabbed Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist and Poppy Parade (sorry, I know it’s retired but I just love this color!) ink pads. 

I stamped a flower image from Bloom with Hope  several times on Whisper White card stock  using Staz On ink.  I filled an empty embellishment container (yes, for those of you that know I’m a supply hoarder, I actually emptied a container…lol) with a little tap water.  Giving each of the inkpads a few gentle squeezes BEFORE opening allow some of the ink to transfer to the lid of the ink pad, then when you open the ink pad there is a little pool of color on the lid for you to use.
Start with the dark color first then the next lighter color, etc.  Because I like a more watery look I dipped my aqua painter in the water frequently to dilute the ink color.  I did go a little too heavy on the Poppy Parade, but I couldn’t help it, I just love that color!  After they dried I cut them out, added some Gold Glitz Dazzling Details to the centers and set aside so they could dry again.

Now here I must admit to being a little lazy.  Instead of die cutting an oval for a mask and then sponging my layer, I cut up one of the WaterColor Wonder Designer Note Cards (retired) and used it for the background of my image layer.  Added a little Tangelo Twist with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set, layered it on Whisper White card stock and then Tangerine Tango card stock.  I didn’t like all that space between the base color and the white, it really needed something to help breakup all that orange.  I mean I love it, but there wasn’t a place for the eyes to rest.  About that time I was wishing I had ordered some of those Brights Candy Dots (item#130931)  last month!  I found some old Summer Sun (retired) brads and cut the prongs off so I could add them to the card…Candy Dots would have been soooo much easier!

Finished off with some White Organza (love this ribbon…so classy!) and 1/8 Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon (retired).

And here it is!
Thanks for stopping in and visiting while Claudia is enjoying her well-earned incentive trip to Hawaii!

Happy Stamping J


Products used that aren't retired:
Aqua Painters  #103954
Tangelo Twist Ink Pad  #133646
Daffodil Delight Ink Pad #126944
Staz On Ink Pad  #101406
Tangerine Tango CS 8 ½”x11 #111349
Whisper White CS 8 ½”x11 #100730
Bloom w/Hope Hostess Set (Clear)  #133952
Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set(Clear) #130517
Gold Glitz Dazzling Details #133755
White Organza Ribbon #114319
Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!