just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Monday, June 29, 2015

Serene Silhouettes and a Sketch

When I opened my blog reader, I decided to give a sketch a try for today's share. The good thing is, those cards can come together fairly quickly...

Here is my card:




And here is the sketch I chose to follow:



I guess when I chose the colors I in a summery mood LOL. It's bright and cheerful and makes me smile. I really seem to like yellow and purple together.

BTW - the wooden sentiment was a left over piece from a prior Paper Pumpkin kit... BUT, we now have some similar embellishments in the catalog, called "Expressions Natural Elements". You can  dye with our ink pads... That's what I did! I used Rich Razzleberry but if you want it lighter, I would suggest to use a sponge dauber so you have better control over how much ink get onto the wood. This one almost looks black...

The pearls were colored in with a permanent marker (sharpie), but if you own Blendabilities, you can use them as well ;-) Color them while they are still on the wax sheet...

Please be sure to stop by my shopping site tomorrow  because Stampin' Up! is going to offer some new deals!   June 30-August 3, they are adding more items to the Clearance Rack and to Weekly Deals. You will save up to 30% on even more Weekly Deals, or up to 60% on extra items in the Clearance Rack (while supplies last). You'll want to hurry, because Weekly Deals discounts will be available in limited quantities before the items return to retail prices.




Supplies used on today's card:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Love the embossing. ..a great stamp set...very cheery!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!