just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Weekly Christmas Card Promise #3

Oh I could hardly wait to work on the cards for this week's Christmas Card Promise... I knew I wanted to use some new stuff! And decided to try to copy the card on page 12 of the Holiday catalog.
It's the one in blue with the white houses... I tried it the less messy way first with my Aqua Painter, ink from ink pad and water in spritzer bottle.



























BUT it came out a little to light for my liking. So I pulled out the heavier "guns". The re-inker bottle, water in an open container and a paint brush.  Here is my messy area:













AND I think the outcome is lots more vibrant!











I think it also makes a difference if you let the backgrounds air dry and don't use the heat gun. The heat gun seemed to suck the color out of it and I had to go back and paint more over it... So if you are trying your hand in the watercolor background, don't rush it. Make the backgrounds, walk away... fix a cup of coffee and a glass of wine depending what time of day it is... and let them dry... then come back and continue with the rest of the card.

Of course I had to make some slight changes as I don't have the star border punch to make the little star confetti... BUT that's the great thing, you can still copy a card from the catalog and substitute items!

Anyways, I had LOTS of fun making those cards today and feel like a real artist, I have the hands to proof it:













And here is the proof that I made 4 cards today!

















And this will make my count of cards go up to 12! YAY

Supplies used:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!