just a little reminder

just a little reminder
Just a little reminder: I do use "retired" items in my projects so current customers can get inspired! You will notice that once you click on the listed items as they will not show up in my SU! store

Friday, August 21, 2015

Chemo Angel Assignment

A couple of days ago my demo friend Deb shared a nice project and also posted on her blog that she was going to sign up again as a chemo angel. I was of course intrigued to find out what this program was and followed the link she had provided. It's basically a program to support patients that are undergoing chemo by sending cards, notes, etc. I really liked the idea and applied for a volunteer spot. They said it might take some time to match up a patient with an angel... BUT, I got my assignment today.

So of course I went to work right away so there won't be a delay. Before I share this project, I want to point out that when I make items for my "chemo buddy", I might use retired Stampin' Up! items. I will point that out in my post so you don't try to find it in the current catalog. If you fall in love with something and you are local, I gladly let you come by and stamp some of the retired images on your cardstock. I also think that sharing a project with retired items from time to time is a good thing as it might inspire you if you already own it, to pull that stamp set out and play with it as well. Agree?!

Here is my card:



And I've also decorated a retired journal...with the retired stamp set "Hope"... I thought she might be able to use it... to keep in her purse and write down questions to ask her doctor or simply jot down things so she doesn't forget... 'cause some of use experienced "chemo brain" and forgot more often things than not... I tied some retired ruffle ribbon around the pen just to make it cute and match a bit. 

Edited to add: Speaking of chemo brain... I had that yesterday when I posted... because I forgot to upload the journal... See:


I promise I won't do all pink for her, I have a list of her favorite colors etc... but not only did I need the pink for the ribbon... hot pink is one of her fave's ;-) but there are others!

If you would like to find out more about it as well, you can do this here!

Supplies used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are pending upon approval, but will be posted ASAP once I've seen them!

If you are commenting using the "Anonymous" setting, please be sure to sign your name and add your email in the comment, especially if you are asking a question... This way I can reply back to you ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you are very appreciated!